viernes, 24 de mayo de 2019

A night out in Cagliari

A saturday night out in Cagliari

What about an amazing gig by Diaframma? At first I felt really tired but Mr Fiumani was able to attract me to the stage until the very last moment!

As I mentioned them I should briefly explain what I’m really talking about: I am speaking about one the most influential post punk italian bands of the early 80’s, based in  Florence, considered the center of new wave music of that time.


During the concert I couldn’t help but thinking about that times in which I used to listen to them , as I was still young but no longer a teenager: my “splendid twenties”.
Sipping at my Coke Zero (as a statement: “No Alcohol for me, lately, thank you!”) I softly leant onto the nearby cornerstone. The atmosphere was dark as the walls surrounding us : in fact also the walls of this “not so big” club in Cagliari ,“Fabrik” had  been painted in a pitch black tone.


Suddenly I thought to myself “It’s way too hot in here. I need some fresh air!” that’s what I softly whispered to my boyfriend and our old punk friend before I headed to the door.

As soon as I opened the door my favourite song the singer announced my favourite song of all times “Diamante Grezzo” but I still was up for some air and went out through the door as a cold airflow ruffled my hair and my mind was suddenly invaded by thousands of thoughts and faces of another life, my past life.
I could hear my own raspy voice speaking to a girl outside: “Anche tu a prendere aria?” ( so I’m not the only one in need for fresh air). Her dreamy eyes set on a black baby carriage in front of her.

“L’ha presa bene. Tutto questo frastuono. Ormai si sta abituando”( She is behaving well , maybe she is getting accustomed to all that noise). I didn’t answer, just smiled as I noticed that the little girl reminded me of Mr Fiumani himself. A tiny little face surrounded by pink fabric sleeping peacefully. Maybe she will become the “Diamante Grezzo” that he was still singing as the wind kept howling and ruffling our hair as the night became harder to bear.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Un viaje maravilloso entre Porto Torres - Stintino

Un viaje maravilloso  entre Porto Torres - Stintino   ¿Les gustaría desconectar de la vida diaria? ¿Sois amantes de la naturaleza? !Entonces...